Timothy D. Doty, Psy.D.
Individual therapy: kids, adolescents, college-aged, adults. Couples therapy. Healing from trauma, grief, and loss. Sexual assault. Psychological first-aid and trauma intervention. International trauma response. Multiculturally aware. Specialize in issues related to sexual identity and spiritual identity. Integrating spirituality.
Assessment: cognitive, emotional, personality, ADHD/LD, therapeutic assessment, court related. Forensic assessment and evaluation.
I am a licensed Psychologist in the state of Oklahoma with a Health Service Psychologist certification.
Married for over a decade , have 1 elementary aged son, 1 preschool girl, a dog and some backyard chickens. I have known my spouse for over 15 years. My family and I previously lived in Denver, CO where the mountains were always in view. With a love for the outdoors we camp, hike, bike, snowshoe and ski as often as possible. We participate in community at Rivendell Fellowship in Tulsa.
Some of My Work:
– Currently serving as a Director at Large on the Oklahoma Psychological Association Board and serve on the Early Career Psychologists committee.
– Early Career Delegate to the American Psychological Association State Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C. (2014 and 2015)
– Completed an American Psychological Association (APA) Pre-Doctoral Internship at the University of Denver’s Health and Counseling Center.
– College counseling; mandated treatment for offenders; reintegration of parole and probation offenders; international trauma consultation and supervision; school-based psychoeducational assessment and counseling; psychological first aid and victim assistance to police department; juvenile residential treatment.
The Role of Faith Communities in Suicide Prevention: A Guidebook for Faith Community Leaders (Doty, T. & Spencer-Thomas, S. 2009. The Carson J Spencer Foundation) – available now on Amazon.com
- Doty, T.D. & Berman, W.B. (2010). Suicide Awareness, Assessment, Intervention and Prevention. Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS) Tulsa Chapter. October 29, 2010. (presentation materials)
- Doty, T.D. & Berman, W.B. (2009). Suicide Prevention: How Clinicians Can Maximize a Desire to Live. Brookhaven Hospital Professional Seminar Series. November 4, 2009.
- Poster Presentation of Doctoral Paper: The Role of Faith Communities in Suicide Prevention, Intervention and Postvention. University of Denver’s Graduate School of Professional Psychology Research Symposium – May, 2009.
- National Conference Presentation: Doty, T.D. (2008) The Role of Faith Communities in Suicide Prevention. Breakout session presented at the Bridging the Divide: Suicide Awareness & Prevention national Summit, May 19-22, 2008. Denver, Colorado.